Brenda A. Wehmer
Government and school officials throughout Ohio rely on Brenda Wehmer for answers on all aspects of bond financing. Her primary focus is debt issuance for governmental issuers, including school districts, counties, municipalities, townships, and special districts as well as 501(c)(3) entities.
Ms. Wehmer has served as bond or underwriter's counsel in transactions ranging from $50,000 to $480 million.
She has extensive experience in many types of municipal financings, including tax increment financings transactions, Qualified Academy Zone Bonds and lease-purchase transactions.
Ms. Wehmer frequently speaks at seminars and conferences including the Ohio Government Finance Officers' Association annual conference, Ohio State Auditor's training sessions, Buckeye Association of School Administrators conferences and the Center for Local Government Seminar. Recent topics have included: Nuts and Bolts of Basic Governmental Debt Issuance, Tax Increment Financing, Special Assessments, Lease Purchase Financing, and The Role of Underwriter's Counsel.
Member, Ohio Government Finance Officers' Association
Greater Cincinnati Government Finance Officers' Association
Warren County Municipal League
Center for Local Government
Member, Cincinnati and Ohio State Bar Associations
Speaker, various presentations on basic Tax Exempt Financing and Tax Increment Financing
Board Member, Dress for Success Cincinnati
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013, 2014
- August 15, 2013
- August 27, 2012
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- SEC Update and Best Practices for Disclosure – Presentation to Ohio Association of School Business OfficialsApril 25, 2013
- February 2012
- Disclosure and Other Legal Elements of Public Finance Transactions – Presentation to City of Cincinnati, Ohio and County of Hamilton, Ohio,February 11, 2011
- Build America Bonds, Recovery Zone Bonds and Qualified School Construction Bonds, including Tax Rules for Tax-Exempt and Tax Credit Bonds – Presentation to Ohio GFOAApril 13, 2010
- Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1992
University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1991
University of Cincinnati, M.B.A., 1988
University of Cincinnati, B.A., 1987